New York City’s 10 Best Discount Designer Clothing Stores & Outlets (10 to 6)
10. Daffy’s. 50 Broadway, Wallstreet, Manhattan. 462 Broadway at Grand Street Soho, Manhattan. 3 East 18th Street, Manhattan. GOING OUT OF BUSINESS. Best for the basics and children’s clothing. I have found decent shorts as well. Basic suits for men and women. Also have kitchenware.
9. Burlington Coat Factory. 707 6th Avenue. Best for coats, handbags, and baby clothes. Must go through many racks of clothes to look for a gem. Don’t expect customer service, expect good bargains.
8. Marshall’s. 2 Manhattan locations – 517 East 117th St, Ste 401 & Harlem Center, 125 West 125th Street. If patient, you can find a good deal in Marshall’s. They have the usual clothing items and designer suits along with a large kitchen and home department.
7. TJ Maxx. 620 Avenue of the Americas. Good variety of discounted apparel and often find real deals. Great place for polos and basic 2 button suits from designers such as Calvin Klein. Quality bathroom towels and kitchen items. I always find the softest bath towels at TJ Maxx. Even carry fitness items from clothing to yoga mats.
6. Syms (Closing Jan 2012). 42 Trinity Place. 400 Park Avenue. Up to 90% off retail. Recommend coming to Syms for suits or dress shirts. Large tie selection. Top end suit designers include Hugo Boss and Hickey Freeman.