10 Best Snowboarding & Ski Resorts Near New York City (page 1)
Many people do not know that New York has the most ski resorts of any state in the country with 44. There are several good mountains here only a few hours away within the state and surrounding states. The closest resorts are less than 2 hours away in parts of New York and New Jersey while Vermont is around 6 to 8 hours or more.
Closest ski and snowboarding resorts to New York City:
Best snowboarding & ski resorts a little over an hour from NYC:
– Mountain Creek Resort. 200 New Jersey 94, Vernon, NJ. Best for park with 20% terrain used park and pipes. Not much of a vertical. Decent size mountain for New Jersey with 11 lifts total. Longest run 2 miles.
– Mount Peter. 40 Ski Ln, Warwick, NY (Mount Peter Ski Area). Mostly beginner and intermediate slopes with 3 chair lifts. No expert runs. Longest run .4 miles.
– Shawnee Mountain Ski. Hollow Rd & Frutchey Road, Shawnee On Delaware, PA. 9 lifts with longest run 1 mile.
Best snowboarding & ski resorts 2 hours to 3 hours 30 minutes from NYC:
– Camelback Ski Area. 1 Camelback Road, Tannersville, PA. 2 hours away in the Pocono Mountains. 34 trails, 15 lifts, and several expert (double diamond) runs. Longest run 1 mile.
– Belleayre Mountain Ski Resort. Belleayre Road, 181 Galli Curci Road, Shandaken, NY. 171 acres, 1404 vertical rise.
– Hunter Mountain. 64 Klein Ave, Hunter, NY. Known as “Snowmaking Capital of the World” located in the Caatskills. 1,600 ft vertical drop and 500 ft halfpipe on 240 acres. Longest run 2 miles.
– Plattekill Mountain. 469 Plattekill Mountain Road, Roxbury, NY. 3 lifts with 40% of runs for advanced and expert skiers and boarders. Longest run 2 miles.
– Windham Mountain. 33 Clarence D Lane Road, Windham, NY. 118 miles from New York City. Highest vertical drop in the Caatskills at 1,600 ft, 400 ft halfpipe, and 39 trails on 242 skiable acres.