Free wireless hotspots are available throughout the city in coffee shops, restaurants and bars, and public areas.
Go wireless on your laptop or mobile device for free in New York City with these free local wifi hotspots:
10. Times Square. 43rd Street and Broadway (outdoors). Thank yahoo for providing this free wireless hotspot. Do we really need another reason for tourists to stand in the way on the sidewalk? If you use it please be kind and stand out of the way in the pedestrian section of Broadway. See: Times Square articles
9. Pier 17 South Street Seaport. 12 Fulton Street, Downtown (indoors). The Pier 17 South Street Seaport free wifi hotspot is in the food court located on the 3rd floor.
8. Bowling Green Park. Broadway & Bowling Green (outdoors). A small park that offers free wireless access to the internet.
7. Wagner Park. Located within Battery Park City from Pier A to to 1st Place (outdoors). Beautiful views of the Statue of Liberty on the water long with a free wifi hotspot.
6. Grand Central Station in the Station Masters Office. Located in the western corridor off the Main Hall at 87 E 42nd Street (indoors). This free wifi hotspot includes bench seating, a luxury in Grand Central and can handle about 60 users at once.