Dogs need on-leash walks, off-leash play, and socialization with other humans and dogs to live a happy and healthy life. Walk your dog to a dog run or dog park to provide off-leash play and socialization with other dogs and people. Below are the 10 best dog runs and dog parks in New York City:
10. Chelsea Piers Dog Run. 22nd Street and 11th Avenue. Full of obstacles to let your dog roam around and explore. Includes a stream and a pool of water. Don’t expect to sit around and watch your dog play, you will most likely be standing and it can get crowded. Even with these problems the environment is very stimulating for your canine best friend.
9. George’s Dog Run at Washington Square Park. West 4th Street and McDougal Street. Experience always popular Washington Square Park with your furry friend. Separate dog runs for small and large dogs located in the Southwest corner of the park. See: NYC’s 10 Best Parks
8. Dog Run at Pier 84. Located Midtown West. Cross the street at West 44th Street or West 43rd Street. Open from 6am to 1am. Fresh running water available for dogs. Has a hard surface to file down your dog’s claws. View the Hudson and visit the Dog Run.
7. Carl Schurz Park. East End Avenue to East River, East 84 to East 90 streets. Take your dog to one of the secret gems in Manhattan. Carl Schurz Park is home to two great dog runs and is located right on the East River.
6. St. Nick’s Dog Run at St. Nicholas Park. Located mid-park at 136th Street. This dog run is large. Includes a separate area for small dogs and puppies. The event called Coffee Barks is held here on the first Saturday of each month between 9 and 11 am. Discuss issues related with the dog St. Nick’s Dog Run. Coffee, refreshments, and donuts are provided.