NYC’s 10 Best Things To Do For Free in July (5 to 1)
5. Free Summer Concerts with Good Morning America. Rumsey Playfield in Central Park, near the park entrance at 5th Avenue and East 69th Street. See some of the hottest muscial acts in the US for free. Arrive early, around 6:00 am to see the 7:00 am concert. Bring water, if can get hot. See: July’s Best Concerts in New York City
Good Morning America Concert Schedule:
- Friday, July 2 – Mary J. Blige
- Friday, July 9 – American Idol
- Friday, July 16 – The GO-GO’S
- Friday, July 23 – Sheryl Crow
- Friday, July 30 – Black Eyed Peas
4. NBC’s Today Show Summer Concerts. On the plaza at Rockefeller Center, between 49th and 50th Streets near 5th Avenue. Today’s best pop artists perform outdoors for free. Arrive early, around 6:00 am to see the 7:00 am concert. Bring water, if can get hot. See: July’s Best Concerts in NYC
Today Show Concert Schedule:
- Friday, July 2 – Maroon 5
- Friday, July 9 – Lady Gaga
- Friday, July 16 – Enrique Iglesias
- Friday, July 23 – John Mayer
- Friday, July 30 – Carrie Underwood
3. The Daily Show and Friends, hosted by Lewis Black. Central Park SummerStage at Rumsey Playfield located on East 72nd Street off Fifth Avenue. Wednesday, July 21, 2010 at 3:00 pm. Comedy Central brings back the 4th annual free comedy show. Lewis Black is one of the hottest stand-up comedians in the US and is frequently on the Daily Show. Also with John Oliver, Rob Riggle, Rory Albanese and other Daily Show cast members.
2. Summer Stock NYC 2010: An Evening of Broadway Blockbusters. River to River Festival, Michael Schimmel Center for the Arts, 3 Spruce Street, Downtown. July 17th @ 5:00 pm. A 70 minute early show featuring the best of Broadway.
1. Shakespeare in the Park 2010. Delacorte Theater in Central Park. Come see The Winter’s Tale or The Merchant of Venice in July at 8:00 pm. Performance schedule is almost daily in July except the 4th, 13th, 14th, 19th, and the 26th. See shakespeareinthepark.org for more details.