NYC’s 10 Best Things To Do For Free in July (10 to 6)
10. Nautica New York City Triathalon. Upper West Side & Central Park. Sunday, July 18th. See 3000 of the best endurance athletes race to complete a 1500 meter swim, 40k bicycle ride, and a 10k run. Yes, the competitors actually swim in the Hudson. The run and finish area is in Central Park.
9. Broadway2Battery: Antibalas Music at Castle Clinton. River to River Festival, Castle Clinton, Battery Park at State Street. July 22nd, 7:00 pm. Brooklyn based Afrobeat orchestra known for their energetic music. Free tickets handed out first come first serve starting at 5:00 pm.
8. Burning Spear. River to River Festival. Rockefeller Park, Downtown. July 21st at 7:00 pm. Rastafarian roots reggae artist performs.
7. Summer Film Festival in Bryant Park. The Lawn at Bryant Park, 40th to 42nd Streets, between 5th & 6th Avenue, Midtown. Each Monday a classic movie is shown on a giant outdoor screen at Bryant Park for free. Come early, bring a blanket, and some food and drink and settle in for a night at the movies. The Lawn opens at 5:00 pm.
Bryant Park Summer Film Festival Movie List for July:
- July 5th – French Connection
- July 12th – My Man Godfrey
- July 19th – The China Syndrome
- July 26th – Monty Python and the Holy Grail
6. Broadway2Battery: Broadway Danny Rose Movie Nights on the Elevated Acre: Classic New York Features Paired with Independent Shorts. River to River Festival, The Elevated Acre at 55 Water Street. A few short films followed by Woody Allen’s 1984 film, Broadway Danny Rose. Broadway Danny Rose co-stars Mia Farrow and follows a man named Danny Rose who falls in love and gets tangled up with the mob. A classic Woody Allen Film. See: 10 NYC Best Movies & 10 More Best NYC Movies