NYC’s 10 Best Halloween Haunted Houses
11. Pumpkin Festival’s Circus Berzerkus Haunted House. Central Park, the Bandshell Area, enter at 72nd Street. Oct 30, 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Sneak peak October 29th, 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. Pumpkin Festival features Circus Berzerkus Haunted House, a pumpkin patch, marionette performances, arts & crafts, hay rides, face painting, and more. Free event recommended for children.
10. Bronx Haunted House. 974 Home Street, Bronx. October 27 to October 31. The #1 Bronx Halloween attraction. Call (718) 512-5202 for tickets, $10 each.
9. Ghost Tours of “Manhattan’s Most Haunted House”. 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm: Candlelight Ghost Tours of “Manhattan’s Most Haunted House”. Travel through the Merchant’s House by candlelight with scenes of death and terror from the 19th century. While on tour listen to unexplained events and strange occurrences from within. Tickets $25, call (212) 777-1089 for reservations.
8. Coney Island: The Halloween Creepshow at the Freakshow, The Ride Inspector’s Nightmare. 1208 Surf Avenue, Corner of Surf Avenue and West 12th Street. October 15,16,17,22-31. Closes 9:00 pm to midnight depending upon the night. An interactive 45 minute show where you tour backrooms of the sideshow stages and even partake in a mock court session. All Luna Park rides open on the weekends in October. Tickets $10.
7. Graves End Inn Haunted Hotel. Voorhees Building on the New York City College of Technology campus at 186 Jay Street in Downtown Brooklyn. Dates: October 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 and 31. Built by Theatrework’s students and faculty this hi-tech haunted house if full of mechanical gadgets and scenes similar to those found in many amusement parks today. For children and adults. Tickets $6, $4 for students with ID.