New York City’s 10 Best Film Festivals (5 t0 1)
5. NYC Food Film Festival. Venue to to be announced. A unique film watching experience which combines the sense of taste with the film watching experience. Eat the foods you see onscreen. June 23rd to the 27th.
4. New York African Film Festival. April 7th to May 31st. See www.africanfilmny.org for more details and venue locations. Highlights classic and contemporary African films and filmmakers in order to shed light and educate those on Africa and it’s people. This year’s theme is Independent Africa celebrating African colonial independence.
3. Big Apple Film Festival. Tribeca Cinemas, 54 Varick Street. November 2nd to November 6th. Shows and supports local independent filmmakers and other filmmakers from around the world. An important film festival for filmmakers outside of the mainstream.
2. TriBeCa Film Festival. 13-17B Laight Street, TriBeCa. April 21st to May 2nd. One of the largest and most well known film festivals in NYC. You will likely see some or sit near a NYC celebrity here. Shows include red carpet and after-party events.
1. The New York Film Festival. Time and place to be announced. Happens in the fall for nearly 50 years. Another spot to see celebrities and noted filmmakers. The best films including work from large and small studios, shorts, documentaries, and more. To purchase advanced tickets, become a member of the New York Film Society. You will have dibs on tickets weeks before the general public.