10 Places to take your children in NYC during December apart from seeing Santa.
To see Santa while traveling in New York City, click here:
10. A Night at the Museum Sleepover. Museum of Natural History. W 79th St. While not a holiday celebration, children get the chance of a lifetime by staying overnight in one the best museums in the world, the Museum of Natural History in New York City, on Friday, December 11th. Ages 7-13 welcome, cost is $129.00 per person. For the latest availability info, please call 212-769-5200.
9. Dylan’s Candy Bar. 1011 3rd Avenue. Take your child to the largest candy store in the states! Everyone will love the three floors of candy! Treat your children at the very top floor of Dylan’s. Don’t forget to grab some gummy bears, they are the best available.
8. Ice Skating. Wollman Rink in Central Park, The Pond at Bryant Park, Chelsea Piers Sky Rink, the Rivergate Ice Rink, Rockefeller Center Ice Skating Rink and more. Children and adults love ice skating. There are many ice rinks in Manhattan, NYC including South Street Seaport and other rinks in Central Park. Rentals start at $5.
7. FAO Schwarz. 767 5th Avenue. Take your children to toy heaven. Located on famous 5th avenue. I must warn you, be prepared for tourists and the large crowds.
6. Brunch with Santa on Staten Island. Blood Root Valley (Greenbelt): 501 Brielle Avenue (Between Walcott & Rockland avenues), (718) 667-3545. On December 20th, 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm, have brunch with Santa and meet his elves. Get a chance to ride the scenic Staten Island Ferry. Registration is required. Bring your camera to take photos. By the way, this is free!