The month of December is one of the most popular months to visit New York City because of the Christmas holiday. Whether you are vacationing or living in New York City, you will enjoy these festive, popular, and must-do NYC Christmas Attractions and Events.
10 Best NYC Christmas Attractions and Events
10. Grand Central Kaleidoscope Light Show. Grand Central Terminal Main Concourse at Lexington and 42nd Street. This seasonal tech minded light show begins every half hour between 9am to 11pm from Nov. 30 to Jan 10th. Don’t forget to take a stroll through the Grand Central Market while you are there.
9. Christmas In Little Italy. On Mulberry Street between Canal and Broome Street and on Hester from Mulberry to Mott Street. The tree is lit on the December 5th and parades, performances, food, marching bands, and religious processions follow each weekend until December 18th. See: NYC’s Best of Little Italy
8. Under the Stars Light Show. The Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle has its annual light show, with snow falling in its entrance. Here it snows no matter the weather. Experience this every weekend evening until January 2.
7. Central Park Carriage Ride. Central Park. Take a romantic ride with a loved one or with the kids! If you are lucky there just might be snow. Be sure to bring some hot cocoa or your other favorite hot drink to stay warm. See: New York City’s 10 Best Things To Do in Central Park
6. Santa Claus is at Macy’s in Herald Square. As you guessed it this one is for the kids. This is definitely where he kids can get some face time while on Santa’s lap. Beware, lines are incredibly long, but he is the best Santa in NYC.