10 Best Movie Theaters in New York City:[ad#Commission Junction - Blockbuster 234 x 60]
10. IFC Center. 323 Sixth Avenue, at West Third Street, 212-924-7771. Formerly the Waverly House, this 3 screen cinema showcases IFC films along with some other independent movies. Nice to watch a good indie in HD. Are you a “Rocky Horror Picture Show Fan”? Then come here on Friday and Saturday at midnight.
9. AMC Loews Kips Bay 15. 570 Second Ave., at 32nd Street, 212-447-0638. Go to AMC Loews Kips Bay 15 when you want to get away from mobs of people. This theater located near the East River is hardly ever crowded. AMC Loews Kips Bay 15 offers a mix of mainstream and indie films.
8. Landmark’s Sunshine Theater. 143 E. Houston Street, between First and Second Avenue, 212-358-0573. I like this 5-screen independent film theater. The stadium seating here is top-notch, and they have a gourmet concession.
7. Cobble Hill Cinemas. 265 Court Street, at Butler Street, 718-596-9113. Take a trip to Brooklyn to visit this older theater. Cheapskates will love this movie theater because it is the cheapest in NYC. Cobble Hill features independent films along with some mainstream movies.
6. Angelika Film Center. 18 West Houston Street, between Broadway and Mercer Street. 212-995-2000. Manhattan’s premier independent film theater with 6 movie screens. Angelika Film Center consistently shows a quality selection of indie films. Arrive early for the best seat.