NYC’s 10 Best Easter Events for Kids
10. Easter Eggs: A Family Eggstravaganza. Cathedral of St John the Divine, 1047 Amsterdam Avenue. Children will build a nest with twigs, feathers and clay for the eggs they decorate, along with a reading of the children’s book Rechenka’s Eggs. $8 for each child and adult pair. Bring two hard-boiled eggs to decorate. Two workshops on Saturday, March 27th, 10 am – 12pm and 2 pm – 4 pm.
9. Annual Easter Festival at St. Nicholas Park. 135th Street Plaza in St. Nicholas Park. Join the Easter Festival on Saturday, April 3rd from 11 am to 2 pm in its NYC Easter egg hunt, egg and cupcake decorating and a visit from the Easter Bunny. This event is free. See: NYC Parks & Recreation
8. Easter at Bohemian Hall. Bohemian Hall and Beer Garden, 29-19 24th Avenue, Queens. Yes, we said it, take your kids to a beer garden. On Sunday, April 4th, starting at noon, this Czech beer garden will host an Easter egg hunt at 2 pm, egg decorating, and a special kid-friendly menu, and to top it off they will have live entertainment by the Slovak music group Pajtasi from 1 pm. The event is free, food must be purchased, and donations are welcome for the Czech and Slovak School. This event is sure to please children and adults.
7. Breakfast with the Easter Bunny. The Cellar Grill at Macy’s Herald Square, Sixth Avenue between 34th and 35th Streets. Join the Easter bunny for breakfast, face painting, photos and more at Macy’s. Kids over 2 are $25.95, and kids under are free. Occurs Saturday, March 27th at 9 am. See: NYC’s 10 Best Department Stores & Shopping
6. Easter Celebration in Carl Schurz Park. East End Avenue and 84th Street. Celebrate the 5th Annual Egg Hunt at Carl Schurz Park on Saturday, March 27th. Come at 11 am to decorate your egg bag for the 11:30 Easter egg hunt and Easter rabbit visit. At noon, enjoy a concert with Moe’s Music Party. A free event for all ages. See: NYC Parks & Recreation