Guys, when you need to look your best do not rely on a unisex salon. Get a classic men’s haircut including warm towel treatment and a straight razor shave from a local NYC barber instead.
10 Best Barber Shops for Men in New York City (10 -6)
10. Midtown Barbers. The Chrysler Building, 405 Lexington Avenue, Midtown East, Manhattan. A simple barber shop reminiscent of the early twentieth century style shops with a traditional black and white tile floor. Midtown Barbers has a great location, good service and a highly trained, professional staff. Also sell a large variety of hair products. Located on the Arcade Level of the Chrysler Building. See more NYC Articles about the Chrysler Building.
9. John Allan’s. 5 Locations in Manhattan. Think of John Allan’s as more than a haircut, it is a grooming experience. This is the place you go to before being introduced to your future fiancee’s parents, the big interview, a meeting with a major client, or your wedding. Get the full service with a scalp massage, shampoo & conditioner treatment, hot towel haircut, and shoeshine.
8. Premium Barber Shop. 3 Locations in Manhattan. 299 East 52nd Street, between 1st & 2nd Avenue, Midtown East. 134 1/2 East 62nd Street, between Lexington & 3rd Avenue, Upper East Side. 969 Third Avenue, between East 57th & East 58th Street. Uriel at Premium Barber believes in a simple, affordable approach. They have a magazines and a few flat screens so you can watch sports while you wait. This is the perfect quick cut before the important meeting or lunchtime for those who work in Midtown. A steal, $17.95 for a shampoo, haircut, and hot towel.
7. Neighborhood Barber. 439 E 9th Street, East Village. Neighborhood barber is a staple in the East Village. They take the same approach as Premium Barber with their simple services and great customer service at an affordable price. One of the best deals in town for a full service haircut including a straight razor shave and hot towel for $24.
6. Frank’s Chop Shop. 19 Essex Street, LES – Lower East Side, Manhattan. Sorry, no old men in barber coats at Frank’s Chop Shop, all of the barbers here are young and highly skilled. If you want a one of a kind haircut or want to shave some designs in your head then this is the place to come. Yes they do all the standards styles well too. This barber shop is one of a kind, they even offer a concierge service for their top clients who do not live in New York City.
Other Popular Articles: