New York City’s 10 Best Health Markets for Vegetarians & Vegans
10. Green Planet. 969 Fulton Street, Brooklyn. Charming shop in Brooklyn with an organic juice bar, organic produce, bulk items, hemp milk, and more. When you buy bulk items, the prices are a bargain. Excellent juices and smoothies!
9. Gary Null’s Uptown Whole Foods. 2421 Broadway, Upper West Side. Gary Null’s has organic produce, deli, vitamins, cruelty-free cosmetics. Slightly higher prices, but what do you expect for the UWS. Great place to grab a snack or dessert.
[ad#Commission Junction - Peapod Button 120x60]
[ad#Commission Junction - Peapod $15 Coupon]
8. Integral Yoga Natural Foods. 229 W 13th Street, Chelsea. Vegetarian market with a large selection of organic produce, foods, and a great deli in Chelsea. Contain a variety of products to maintain a healthy, well-balanced life. Offer bulk and student discounts. Only downfall is that they close early for NYC standards (M-F 9:30, Sat 8:30, Sun 8).
7. May-Wah Healthy Vegetarian Market. 213 Hester Street, Chinatown. Around since 1994, May-Wah is one of the largest distributors of vegetarian foods in New York City selling to some of the most popular vegetarian restaurants such as Red Bamboo and Wild Ginger. Huge variety of meat-substitute products at reasonable prices. You will be thrilled with the options, the great flavors and prices of May-Wah.
6. Organic Avenue. Two locations: 116 Suffolk Street, Lower East Side; 43 8th Avenue, West Village. This shop has everything from fresh juices, pre-packaged raw food, raw desserts, products and clothing, consultations, movies, and events. Lifestyle change consultations available. Prices are high, but there are many different packages to chose from. The mecca of them all. Includes cleansing, food, beauty and more. Whether you come for the full experience or just to try a couple products, you will feel truly renovated and vitalized. Recommend the juices and supplements.
NYC’s 10 Best Farmer’s Markets are a great place to shop for organic products. We love the Union Square Farmer’s Market for their vegetarian and vegan stands.
View our 10 Best Vegetarian Restaurants in NYC for your next meal out.
Read other NYC GREEN articles.