NYC’s 10 Best Restaurants in Times Square, Manhattan (5-1)
5. Patzeria Perfect Pizza. 231 West 46th Street, Theater District. Wherever you go for pizza in New York City, stay away from Sbarro’s in Times Square. You did not travel to NYC to eat at a corporate chain restaurant that is also located in your local mall’s food court, did you? Patzeria’s Perfect Pizza is a small, unpretentious NY pizza shop with four styles of pizza: a traditional NY pizza, a thin crust, Sicilian, and one called the grandma pizza. Also serve good hot sandwiches like meatball and chicken parmigiana. Good NY pizza in Times Square. For the best New York pizza, see our article titled Best NY Pizza Restaurants in New York City.
4. Ruby Foo’s. 1626 Broadway, Theater District. Although Ruby Foo’s will not be the best sushi you have ever had, it has a great ambiance and decor. It is a comfortable place where you can sit all night and close the place down. The sushi is good, the location cannot be beat as it is in the center of Times Square, and the atmosphere is welcoming. See: NYC’s 10 Best Moderately Priced Sushi Restaurants
3. Carnegie Deli. 854 7th Avenue, Theater District. This famous deli is a couple blocks outside of the Times Square, but definitely worth the walk. Carnegie Deli has huge portions where the sandwiches are large enough to share. The Woody Allen sandwich is popular and includes lots of corned beef and lots of pastrami that is about six inches high. Save room for their famous, large New York cheesecake. Favorites are the Rugelach cheesecake made with milk chocolate or the truffle torte which combines chocolate moose with cheesecake. A place that will fill your stomach. Also, listed on NYC’s 10 Best Patrami Sandwiches.
2. Churrascaria Plataforma. 316 West 49th Street, Theater District. A large Brazilian restaurant with a wide variety of different cuts of BBQ meat. Not a spot for vegetarians, as Churrascaria is a rodizio styled restaurant on a continuous service where servers come to your table and offer you a cut of meat from skewers. The price is fixed, it is all you can eat. Prices are steep, but the meat is plentiful and sure to fill a NYC tourists appetite after a long day. For NYC’s best ethnic restaurants, see NYC’s 10 Best Ethnic Cuisine Restaurants.
1. Trattoria Trecolori. 254 West 47th Street, Theater District. A comfortable atmosphere with reasonably priced Italian food menu and specials. Attentive service, solid Italian cuisine with generous portions and a large menu to select from. Perfect place to eat before a Broadway show with a date. All around a great restaurant in the Theater District/Times Square, NYC. See: NYC’s 10 Best Italian Restaurants