10 Best Cheesecakes in New York City (5-1)
5. Junior’s Most Fabulous Cheesecake & Desserts. Multiple locations including 386 Flatbush Avenue EXT (Brooklyn), a bakery and restaurant within Grand Central Terminal, and West 45th Street (Times Square). Opened in 1950 by Harry Rosen, Junior’s has since become a landmark for NY cheesecake lovers. My favorite Junior’s cake is the chocolate mousse cheesecake combining a layer of cheesecake on the bottom with a top layer of light creamy chocolate mousse and then covered in a chocolate coating. They have many other variety of cakes and cheesecakes and have an online site to order their NY cheesecakes for home delivery at www.juniorcheesecake.com
4. Monteleone Bakery & Cafe. 355 Court Street, Brooklyn. This Brooklyn bakery is popular amongst many of the locals. A warm place with all your favorite baked goods and a spectacular cheesecake. The cheesecakes are creamy, crumbly and not too sweet. Superb and classic!
3. Veniero’s Pasticceria & Caffe. 342 East 11th Street, East Village. This old world style Italian cafe offers New York Cheesecake, Italian Cheesecake and Sicilian Cheesecake and many other cakes and pastries. The cheesecake is perfectly creamy, fluffy and melts in your mouth. A great place to enjoy your slice of cheesecake along with a great cup of cappuccino. See: NYC’s 10 Best Coffee & Tea Shops
2. Two Little Red Hens. 1652 2nd Avenue, Upper East Side. This warm bakery and dessert shop offers the true definition of a New York cheesecake: rich, light, and a perfect balance of tart and sweet. A charming bakery to stop by with friends. Warning: the cheesecakes go fast, so go as early as possible.
1. S & S Cheesecake. 222 West 238th Street, Bronx. S & S cheesecakes are made of all natural ingredients and have unbelievable texture, aroma and flavor. This factory is nothing special to look at, but the cheesecake is incomparable. Worth the trip to the Bronx, or order online at sscheesecake.com to deliver their amazing cheesecake. The best cheesecake in NY state!