New York City’s 10 Best Cheap Date Spots and Suggestions
5. Hookah bar. Find a a good hookah bar with quality music and a romantic atmosphere where you and your date share a pipe together while intimately engrossed in conversation. Do not worry if you hate smoking, this is a vapor made from mashed fruit and pure tobacco, not burned tobacco like cigarettes or cigars. Smoking a hookah with someone is suggestive, sexual, and a good place to elevate things after a few dates. Recommending Hookah bars. See: NYC’s 10 Best Bars, Lounges, and Nightlife.
4. Sunset ride on the Staten Island Ferry. A perfect cheap date. You would be surprised how many people I meet in New York who do not take advantage of some of the finest attractions in the city. Most New Yorkers never experience the Staten Island Ferry ride. You do not need to get off the ferry, just take a lap for one of the most beautiful views of the Manhattan skyline and sunset. Ensure you look online so you know what time the sun sets as well as ensuring the weather is good. The Staten Island Ferry is free. See: NYC’s 10 Best Reasons to Visit Staten Island and New York City’s 10 Best Views of Manhattan.
3. Walk across the Brooklyn Bridge. It surprises me how many locals never take the time to walk the bridge. It is a beautiful bridge with one of the best Manhattan skyline views. Be sure to bring your camera and ask someone to get some fun photos of you and your date posing with the skyline behind you. Grab some dessert at Ice Cream Factory , NY pizza at Grimaldi’s Pizzaria or both. See: NYC’s 10 Best Reasons to Visit Brooklyn.
2. Meet up after dinner for drinks or dessert. You do not have to always take your date on an expensive dinner. Instead, meet up afterwords. It is a less stressful first date and you can leave much quicker, the time it takes you to chug your drink, if you do not enjoy your company. If you want to drink on the cheap, head over to the East Village or LES NY dive bar scene. See: 10 Best Foods in NYC for the Sweet Tooth Lover, 10 Best Dive Bars in the East Village & LES, or to step it up at one of NYC’s Best Speakeasies and NYC Whiskey Bars.
1. Museum of Sex. The Museum of Sex is located at 233 5th Avenue in the Flatiron District. An easy way introduce the topic of sex with your date is here. See what was considered pornography many years ago as well as how people dealt with sex and sexual desires throughout the ages. This fun, unique museum contains some really bizarre and creative sex toys from history. They even have exhibits where they encourage you to touch and grab.
10 Best Dance Clubs in NYC
10 Best Cocktail Lounges in New York City
NYC’s Dating Scene
10 Best Breakfast Restaurants in NYC
10 Best Jazz Bars & Clubs in Manhattan, New York City
NYC’s 10 Best Brunches
NYC’s 10 Best Wine Bars
NYC’s 10 Best Whiskey Bars
10 Best Pancakes in Manhattan, New York City
10 Best Foods in NYC for the Sweet Tooth Lover
New York City’s Best Bars, Lounges, & Nightlife