10 Best Places for Chowder in New York City (also some of the best seafood in NYC):
10. Oyster Bar & Restaurant. Grand Central Station, Chelsea. For about $6, this is a great stop to grab some NE or Manhattan clam chowder or half and half. A great deal for a warm bowl of chowder on a cold NY day.
9. Oceana. 1221 Avenue of the Americas, Midtown. Manhattan clam chowder with a classic silky tomato soup, plump clams, diced potatoes, and linguiça sausage, create a great, smoky chowder.
8. Ed’s Chowder House. 44 W 63rd Street, Upper West Side. This classy restaurant inside the Empire Hotel has a great chowder sampler. Good ingredients, good food at slightly higher prices.
7. New Jack’s Luxury Oyster Bar. 101 Second Avenue, East Village. With great lobster, clams and oysters, a great place that serves lobster clam chowder. Another recommendation would be their clams with chorizo.
6. Mary’s Fish Camp. 64 Charles Street, West Village. A great seafood restaurant in West Village. Try their Spicy Florida Conch Chowder for a different twist on the traditional chowder. This intimate and popular restaurant does not take reservations, so plan accordingly.
See our other articles on NYC’s Restaurants & Food.