10 Best Free Things to do in New York City in April (5-1)
5. Macy’s Flower Show. Macy’s Herald Square, 151 West 34th Street. March 28th till Sunday, April 11th. To celebrate spring, Macy’s Herald Square has been transformed into a garden of over 30,000 exotic flowers, plants and trees, with a center piece hot air balloon decorated with spring flowers. Open during regular store hours. See: NYC’s 10 Best Department Stores & Shopping
4. Queen AaMinah at BAMcafe. 30 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn. On Friday, April 9th at 9 pm BAMcafe live will be showing a free show of the popular, underground beats and grooves of the Queen AaMinah. Her soul, jazz, and R&B style has been featured in the company of Dave Matthews and Mary J. Blige. She will be performing music from her debut album, Love Reigns.
3. Times Square Spring Block Party. 45th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues, Times Square. April 18th. Street fairs are back in time for spring with plenty of food, items and clothing for sale at many vendors, and street performers.
2. Morley at BAMcafe. 30 Lafayette Avenue, Brooklyn. The sultry grooves and folk lyrics of Morley can be heard for free on Friday, April 16th at 9 pm. Morley’s music is a mixture of soul, jazz and folk rock and reminds me of Sade. Quirk about Morley is that she was the voice for the 2009 Ralph Lauren’s My Romance fragrance commercial. Chill, romantic and sensual. See: Best of Brooklyn
1. Earth Fair at Grand Central Terminal, 15 Vanderbilt Avenue. A two-day festival outdoor festival on April 23rd and 24th with live performances and exhibitions of green products, organic food, and other environmental businesses and non-profit groups. See: NYC GREEN
Free Things to Do & See in New York City
NYC’s 10 Best Things To Do in April, 2010
NYC’s 10 Best Concerts To See in April
NYC’s 10 Best Art Museum Exhibits to See in April
NYC’s 10 Best Celebrities to See in April