New York City has a great nightlife. If you are ready for a change, are new in town, or don’t know where to begin, try our picks for 10 Best Lounges in NYC:
10. Flatiron Lounge. 37 West 19th Street, Fashion District. Sexy, art deco lounge with great cocktails in the Fashion District.
9. Circa Tabac. 32 Watts Street, SoHo. Cigar and cigarette bar in SoHo with a great jazz and blues vibe. Non-smokers will be tempted to have a puff.
8. Bungalow 8. 515 West 27th Street, Chelsea. South Beach style small lounge in Chelsea. Palm trees and cozy sofas make one feel as if they are on vacation. Beware, sometimes this place is difficult to get in.
7. Brandy Library. 25 North Moore Street, TriBeCa. This classy place in Tribeca is filled with fine liquor. Library-esque with their wall full of shelves to display their bottles. Vast display of brandy, scotch, whiskey and more. See: NYC’s 10 Best Whiskey Bars
6. Blue Zoo. 8402 3rd Avenue, Brooklyn. Tribal masks and fish tanks dimly light this lounge in the Bay Ridge neighborhood. There is always a good vibe here. See: Best of Brooklyn
10 Best Cocktail Lounges in New York City (5-1)
5. The Basement at Macao Trading Company. 311 Church Street, TriBeCa. Restaurant basement lounge of the 1930s Macao Trading Company restaurant in Tribeca. A hot spot with a good crowd, classic dim lights and serves great food.
4. Flute Bar. 40 East 20th Street, Flatiron. A great lounge if you have something to celebrate. Sexy decor, dim lighting, plush chairs, fireplace, seductive drapes and plenty of champagne.
3. Auction House. 300 East 89th Street, Upper East Side. Warm, unpretentious Upper East Side lounge. Feels like you are in a long lost wealthy ancestor’s home with it’s oil paintings, red velvet furniture and rustic feel.
2. Art Bar. 52 8th Avenue, West Village. Bohemian-style West Village bar with an ultra-relaxed back lounge. Great art, vibe, inexpensive drinks and cozy couches. Great for couples or catching up with a close friend.
1. Angel’s Share. 8 Stuyvesant Street, East Village. Intimate place in East Village for a date or a small group. Good atmosphere and amazing drinks.