NYC’s 10 Best Jazz Bars & Clubs in Manhattan
10. Blue Note. 131 West 3rd Street, Greenwich Village. Get up close and personal with the performers at this jazz club. Blue Note has some of the best jazz performances in the city, so we recommend you purchase tickets in advance, as shows sell out. Prices are on the high end for their food and drinks, and seats can get intimate (could be a pro or con), but the shows are spectacular.
9. 55 Bar. 55 Christopher Street, West Village. A small hide away with great jazz and a small cover. Cheap for anyone who just wants to get out and enjoy a night of live jazz and blues music. The place is small so it gets crowded easily. Cash only spot.
8. Garage. 99 7th Avenue South, Greenwich Village. A casual, cool place with a nice Village atmosphere and live jazz every night. Love their all you can drink champagne brunch with a live jazz band on the weekends til 4 pm. No cover and no minimum. See other Free Things to See & Do in NYC.
7. Zinc. 82 West 3rd Street, Greenwich Village. A nice, dark, romantic jazz venue that’s been around for almost 20 years. Love the range of jazz music here which includes American, Brazilian and Latin.
6. Arthur’s Tavern. 57 Grove Street, West Village. Open since 1937, Arthur’s Tavern has played jazz longer than any other spot in New York City. Authentic NYC jazz club that can be a little outdated in decor, but does not undervalue the quality of the music one bit. Gets full fast. Popular spot amongst townies and tourists. Live performances nightly.