Take time to see some of the best comedy acts in the country during your visit to New York City. Comedians like Collin Quin, Dave Attell, and Gilbert Gottfried perform regularly in NYC’s comedy clubs. On special occasions, famous comedians like Robin Williams, Dave Chapelle, Jerry Seinfeld, or someone else might pop in unannounced to try out some new material. For most comedy clubs you need to be 21 to enter and their is a two-drink minimum on top of the ticket price.
10. Chicago City Limits. 318 West 53rd Street, (212) 888-5233. This 20 year comedy revue moved to NYC in 1979 and hasn’t stopped a beat. $15.00 per ticket plus a 2 drink minimum.
9. New York Comedy Club. 241 E 24th Street, (212) 696-5233. Comedy at its rawest. Chris Rock started here so you should know what to expect. Cover $10 weeknights, $15 weekends plus a two drink minimum.
8. Laugh Factory. 303 W 43rd Street, (212) 586-7829. Owned by the same owners of the Laugh Factory on Sunset Boulevard made famous by Rodney Dangerfield, Richard Prior, and Roseanne. Ticket prices vary.
7. Broadway Comedy Club. 318 W 53rd Street, (212) 757-2323. Visit this comedy venue at the heart of Times Square and features various New York comedy troupes. Ticket prices vary.
6. Dangerfield’s. 1118 1st Avenue, (212) 593-1650. Rodney made this place famous with his hit comedy show on HBO. Andrew Dice Clay and Chris Rock performed here. Ticket prices vary.
10 Best Comedy Clubs in New York City (5-1)
5. Comedy Corner. 82 W. 3rd Street, (212) 477-0130. Dane Cook and George Lopez have been here along with many other talented comedians. Ticket prices vary.
4. Laugh Lounge NYC. 151 Essex Street, (212) 614-2500. This small venue showcases small comedy acts locally and from all over the country. Local comedians tend to cover funny New York City topics. Cover $10 weeknights, $15 weekends plus a two drink minimum.
3. Comedy Cellar. 117 MacDougal Street, (212) 254-3480. See the hottest local acts along with up and coming comedians. If you are lucky someone like Robin Williams will stop by. Cover $10 weeknights, $12 weekends plus a two drink minimum.
2. Gotham Comedy Club. 208 West 23rd Street, (212) 367-9000. Gotham brought us Dave Chapelle, Colin Quinn, and featured on the cable network Comedy Central. Ticket prices vary, two drink minimum.
1. Caroline’s Comedy Club. 1626 Broadway, (212) 757-4100. Caroline’s grew to the most popular comedy in club in NYC after great acts in the 80s and 90s including Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld. Show tickets usually cost $15 to $45 with a two drink minimum.