New York City has numerous farmers markets throughout the year. Here are the 10 best year-round farmers markets in NYC:
10. Tompkins Square Greenmarket. Avenue A and East 7th Street; Sundays, 8am – 6pm. Enjoy this classic farmers market on the edge of Tompkins Square Park.
9. Dag Hammarskjold Plaza Greenmarket. 47th Street at Second Avenue; Wednesdays 8am – 6pm. Traditional farmers market at the Dag Hammarskjold Plaza.
8. Columbia Greenmarket. Broadway between 114th and 115th Streets; Thursday and Sundays, 8am – 5pm. Shop with the students from Columbia University and staff of St. Luke’s Hospital.
7. Bowling Green Greenmarket. Broadway at Battery Place; Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8am – 5pm. Purchase fresh fruit, quiches, spring plants at this Lower Manhattan historic Bowling Green plaza.
6. Staten Island Ferry Whitehall Terminal Greenmarket. 4 South Street, inside the ferry terminal building, Manhattan; Tuesdays and Fridays, 8am – 7pm. NYC’s first indoor Greenmarket. At times, includes activities and cooking demonstrations.