Some find Valentine’s Day a very important time of year to show their partner how much they mean to them, and others find it a foolish, made up holiday, nonetheless, here are our picks for the 10 best restaurants in NYC for Valentine’s Day or any romantic occasion:
10. Las Ramblas. 170 W 4th Street; West Village. I have always felt that tapas bars were always romantic settings where couples can nibble on food together. This Greenwich Village tapas restaurant has a warm setting with it’s dim lights and exposed brick walls. To top it off, the food is great. Call 646.415.7924 for reservations.
9. Top of the Tower. Beekman Tower Hotel, 3 Mitchell Pl; Midtown East. Enjoy a spectacular view of Manhattan from the 26th floor of the Beekman Tower Hotel. A romantic, sophisticated Art Deco restaurant with a V-day 5-course menu for $95. Reservations can be made at 212.355.7300.
8. La Grenouille. 3 E 52nd Street; Midtown East. I am a sucker for good French cuisine and the ambiance, warm decor make this one of the best French restaurants in the city. Offer pre-fixe two plate dinner for $78 and pre-fixe three plate dinners for $95 daily. Reservations are recommended; 212.752.1495.
7. Lavagna Restaurant. 545 E 5th Street; East Village. Offering a 3-course Valentine’s Day menu with a glass of Veuve Clicquot or a cocktail for $60. Intimate settings, low lights, candles and great Italian food make this a great Valentine’s Day destination. Make reservations at 212.979.1005.
6. One If By Land, Two If By Sea. 17 Barrow Street; West Village. A historic 18th-century carriage house with red velvet chairs, candles, grand piano and a crackling fireplace create an ultimate romantic setting. Offering a special 3-course pre-fixe meal for $78. Reservations go fast; call 212.228.0822