Eggs Benedict is one of the most popular breakfast entrees and it was invented in New York City. There are over 20 different varieties and here is our pick of the 10 Best Restaurants for Eggs Benedict in Manhattan, NYC:
10. Marion’s Continental Restaurant & Lounge. 354 Bowery; NoHo, East Village. A modern place with a signature breakfast and brunch cocktail consisting of vodka with lime, grapefruit and cranberry juices. Try their famous Benedict with smoked salmon, asparagus and dill.
9. Cafe Orlin. 41 St. Marks Pl; East Village. Great prices on classic American entrees and Middle Eastern breakfast meals. Try the Eggs Blackstone, which includes poached eggs with hollandaise, roasted tomato, bacon and home fries.
8. Paradou. 8 Little West 12th Street; Meatpacking District, West Village. An outdoor garden hidden behind this Meatpacking District restaurant perfect for breakfast or lunch. Paradou’s version of eggs Benedict is Oeufs Pardou for $14, which includes poached eggs, smoked salmon, sautéed spinach with hollandaise sauce served over brioche.
7. Oscar’s American Brasserie at the Waldorf-Astoria. 301 Park Avenue; Midtown East. Located in one of the city’s most luxurious and historic hotels. The eggs Benedict and the Waldorf salad were popularized at Oscar’s. As one would expect, this place is pricey.
6. Gascogne. 158 8th Avenue; Chelsea. An intimate backyard garden with sculptures and walls full of ivy. This Southern France menu has eggs Benedict made with graviax or sausage in lieu of ham.
More NYC Breakfast articles.
Restaurants & Food in New York City