10 Best Pastrami Sandwiches in Manhattan (5 to 1)
5. Second Ave. Deli. 162 East 33rd Street (between Lexington and 3rd Ave). No it is not located on 2nd Ave like it was in the past. However, they still serve the same great hot pastrami sandwich. Try the Pastrami Burger too.
4. Stage Deli (CLOSED). 834 7th Ave (54th) – Regular, triple decker, and open face pastrami sandwiches. Another huge portion size so bring your appetite.
3. Artie’s Deli. 2290 Broadway (between 82nd & 83rd). – Artie’s Deli features many pastrami sandwiches made from Artie’s Own Famous Roumanian Pastrami. I recommend Artie’s Own Famous Roumanian Pastrami Sandwich with deli mustard.
2. Carnegie Deli (CLOSED FOR REPAIRS). 854 7th Ave (between 7th and 8th). – cash only. The best pastrami sandwiches are the Reuben and the Woody Allen, a pastrami and corned beef combo. Beware they are huge sandwiches. Only one out of thirteen sumo wrestlers could finish one so you might want to share. If you still have room get the cheesecake. The food is great but be ready for a crowd and the service is lacking.
1. Katz’s Delicatessen. 205 E Houston St (at Ludlow). – cash only. Katz has been cutting thick cut pastrami per order since 1888. It is the only deli I know that provides samples of their meat to taste as they make your pastrami sandwich. Try the liverwurst and pastrami combo sandwich for a change. Tip the cutter a dollar or two before he cuts your sandwich meat to get a little extra.
Interested in more NYC food articles? Read our others:
NYC’s Best Restaurants & Food
10 Best Breakfast Restaurants in NYC
NYC’s 10 Best Pizza Restaurants
10 Best Noodle Bars in NYC
New York City’s 10 Best Steakhouses
10 Best Moderately Priced Sushi Restaurants in Manhattan