I am a fan of noodle bowls. There’s nothing better on a cold winter day in New York City than a steaming bowl of noodles. Also good hangover food.
Favorite NYC noodle bars:
10. Woorijip. 12 West 32nd Street, Murray Hill. Quick and cheap authentic Korean food in midtown. Try one of their kimchi bowls. Beware, the buffet lines are serious business. Best of the cheap dollar noodle bars.
9. Soba-ya. 229 E 9th Street, East Village. Superb Japanese soba and udon bowls. The noodles are fantastic. Great vegetarian bowls and meat bowls.
8. Menkui Tei. 60 W 56th Street, Midtown East. The best ramen just west of Central Park. Great lunch spot for the midtown crowd. This spot is cash only.
7. Onya. 143 East 47th Street, Midtown East. One of the most authentic udon spots in the city.
6. Yogee Noodle. 85 Chrystie Street, Lower East Side. If you like Chinese noodles, try their beef stew over flat rice noodles for a nice treat.