10 Best Cheap Burgers in Manhattan
10. Zucco. 188 Orchard between Houston and Stanton. Tiny French diner with a killer burger baguette and fries with spicy mustard (no ketchup allowed here). Best with a glass (or bottle) of Bordeaux. See: NYC’s 10 Best Diners
9. brgr. 287 7th between 26th and 27th. Get the Blue Sky (roquefort, bacon, onion marmalade) and a Black and White Shake. Spacious and stylish interior.
8. Stand. 24 E. 12th between University Place and 5th Avenue. These guys make their own ketchup. The burg with the green peppercorn rocks.
7. Prime Burger. 5 E. 51st between 5th and Madison. Burgers are only slightly above average, but this one is all about the experience: wood paneling and fixtures (and waitstaff) circa 1955.
6. Burger Joint. Just off the lobby in the Le Parker Meridien Hotel at 119 W. 56th between 6th and 7th. Heavenly burgers. Crowded with business types at lunch during the week–best to arrive before noon or after 2pm.