New York City has many famous celebrity chefs. Here are the 10 Best Celebrity Chefs and Restaurants in NYC:
10. Lupa with celebrity chef Mario Batali. 170 Thompson Street; Greenwich Village. Simple southern Italian cuisine with a smaller less formal environment than some of Mario’s other NY restaurants. Consistent, good service. Like most good Greenwich Village Italian restaurants, spacing is close and cozy. Pasta is good but you can order pasta from any NY Italian restaurant. Try something different because the skate is the best dish at Lupa. The skate just melts in your mouth.
9. Jean-Georges with celebrity chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. 1 Central Park W; Upper West Side. Another fine example of top NYC haute cuisine and french born Jean-Georges’ best restaurant. Received a three star rating from Michelin magazine. Each dish is painstakingly prepared and it shows. Seven course tasting meals are around $150 which feature fresh local ingredients.
8. The Modern with celebrity restaurateur Danny Meyer. 9 West 53rd Street; Midtown. He is a celebrity restaurateur, an owner, not a chef. Danny was exposed to fine cuisines as a youth traveling with his father. He is the creative mind who comes up with the concept of every NY restaurants he opens. He is the mind behind the Shake Shack, a modern day roadside burger stand located in Madison Square Park. Today, Danny Meyer owns six restaurants in Union Square NYC alone. The Modern, located within MoMA, is a fine French-American restaurant featuring food by chef Chef Gabriel Kreuther, with desserts by Marc Aumont. Call 212-333-1220 for reservations.
7. Momofuku Ko with celebrity chef David Chang. 163 First Ave; East Village. Chef David Chang is the youngest of the top NY celebrity chefs. He is able to create great tasting food from the most simple ingredients. Momfuku Ko is Chang‘s first fine dining restaurant in New York City. With the popularity of David Chang it is very hard to score reservations, they go in seconds when becoming available at 10am every morning. Chang‘s 12 seat restaurant only takes reservations online 6 days in advance.
Chang has won several awards for best chef including the James Beard award and awards from GQ and Bon Appetit. Do the 10 course pre-fix meal at Momufuku Ko, it will not disappoint. The cuisine is a mash of Korean, Japanese, French, and American.
6. Per Se with celebrity chef Thomas Keller. 10 Columbus Circle; Theater District, Hell’s Kitchen. Thomas Keller, a California native, has several restaurants in New York City, California and Las Vegas. Per Se, a French restaurant, was an immediate success when it opened in 2004, with reservations booked months in advance and publications including The New Yorker and The New York Times giving rave reviews. Located on the fourth floor of the Time Warner Center, Per Se will not disappoint. Go there for lunch for a fraction of the price. Make reservations at (212) 823-9335.