10 Best Breakfast Restaurants in New York City (5-1)
5. The Grey Dog’s Coffee. 33 Carmine Street; 90 University Place; 242 W 16th Street. A great NYC coffee and brunch spot. You can stick with the classic Grey Dog’s Breakfast which includes eggs, bacon or sausage or ham, french toast or pancakes, and hash browns or go for the classy Challah French Toast with blueberries and strawberries. Some days you will run into a line, but this is a great place to bring visitors.
4. Johny’s Luncheonette. 124 W 25th Street, Fashion District. Located in the Fashion District, this diner has a basic breakfast menu. Sit at the counter and watch your meal be prepared.
3. Shopsin’s. Essex Street Market; 120 Essex Street, Lower East Side. A LES diner with an out-of-this-world menu. This diner has personality and funk and it’s menu consists of all the classics with many new twists. Feel adventurous? Try the mac n cheese pancakes.
2. Clinton Street Baking Company. 4 Clinton Street, Lower East Side. This LES, Lower East Side, breakfast location has received raves and awards on their pancakes, muffins, biscuits, and as a great brunch restaurant. If you are a pancake lover, February is pancake month!
1. Penelope. 159 Lexington Avenue. A restaurant where you will feel like you are sitting in your own kitchen. Try their french toast stuffed with Nutella or one of their great egg croissant sandwiches. Quality food.
View our other 10 best restaurant and food lists in New York City.