10 Best Reasons to Live in Manhattan, New York City
10. Super cheap cab rides. I prefer to walk everywhere over taking the train or cab. Sometimes though, you are too drunk or tired from the party to make it on a walk or by train. Other times you might just have your hands full from shopping for new items for your apartment. No worries the ride is not going to be 30 bucks, you live in Manhattan now.
9. More options. There is so much more to do in Manhattan, NYC and the amenities are unparalleled by any other area in the US. When I first started jogging in Manhattan I noticed I could go much further distances without getting tired. There were so many buildings, restaurants, views, and parks to see I was distracted from getting tired. Almost anything is at your fingertips in Manhattan from clothing, jewelry, food, wine, shopping, music, services, and culture. See NYC’s Restaurants & Food, NYC Events & Attractions, Shows & Concerts, Museums, and Parks & Recreation.
8. Easier to manage life with your pet. You cannot take pets on subways so having a pet, a social life, and working can be hard to manage. With all the time you save from your commute spend some extra time caring for your pet. Take your dog for a walk or to a local dog run in Manhattan. Exercise, socialization, and obedience is necessary for a happy, healthy dog and your daily walk and visit to the dog run will reinforce this. Plus, you won’t feel guilty going out without having time to give them their daily exercise or grooming. See 10 Best Dog Runs and Dog Parks in Manhattan, NYC and NYC’s Best Dog Events & Attractions 2010
7. Better sex life. Let’s face it, when you are on a date or have met someone you really like, it is hard to convince them to travel 45 minutes on the train home with you. You will have no worries when you tell that special someone you live right down the block.
6. Safety. Living in lower rent neighborhoods has a downfall. More crime.